Seth Godin is an expert on innovation and creativity. INTHEBLACK, an Australian based website, shares his tips for unleashing your inner creative force:
• Don’t wait for motivation. Hoping for a great idea to strike wastes time. Show up every day ready to work.
• Build relationships. Know your customers and clients inside and out so you can generate remarkable solutions to their problems.
• Start at the beginning. When launching a project, go through all the elements and potential issues up front so you can get early buy-in from your customer or boss.
• Don’t be a perfectionist. Do the best you can, but don’t obsess about getting every detail absolutely right.
• Focus on people skills. Although technical expertise is good, human skills like empathy, connection, trust, and integrity are more important and will take you further.