You think high school algebra was hard? Try wrapping your mind around these amazing numbers, courtesy of the Cracked website:
• To write the largest known prime number in a straight line, you would need a sheet of paper 23 miles long.
• Americans use 100,000,000,000 plastic shopping bags a year, enough to stretch end to end around the equator twice every day.
• A blue whale can eat up to 40 million small krill a day—about 7,900 pounds, which is more than the weight of a Hummer.
• A Rubik’s Cube has 45,252,003,274,489,856,000 possible configurations.
• Beetles represent 30% of all known animal species, with more than 300,000 species currently identified.
• People send 205 billion emails every day. If you were to print out each one on a separate sheet of office paper—which would consume 25 million trees—the stack would stretch halfway around the equator.