The Delicate Dance Of Regifting

Ah, the art of regifting! This is when your unwanted items become someone else's treasure. If you're considering passing on that fifth scented candle or that curious looking sweater Aunt Bertha gave you, then you're not alone. Here are some tips on how to master the art of regifting:

The No-Fingerprint Rule. Ensure there's no evidence that the gift was ever in your possession by removing notes, tags, or any suspicious wrapping paper remnants.

No Close-Family Circles. Never regift within your close family or friend circle. Your cousin doesn't need to see her gift being worn by your sister.

Quality Check. Ensure the gift is in good condition. No one appreciates a regifted item that looks like it's been in the back of your closet—even if it has.

Bundle It. If you have several smaller items, then create a themed gift basket. Those random scented lotions can be combined with a few bath bombs and candles for a "spa day" basket.

Although regifting can be a humorous endeavor, it's also a sustainable one. It reduces waste and can bring joy to someone else. Plus, many of us experience a certain thrill when we pull off a successful regift. Just remember to keep track of who gave you what. There might be nothing more embarrassing than regifting something to the original gifter!


No comments

Post Your Comment:

Your email will not be published
Reciprocity Logo The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Greater Vancouver REALTORS® (GVR), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the GVR, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the GVR, the FVREB or the CADREB.